Saturday, September 26, 2009

clue 5

I think the theme of "About Effie" is not to give up hope. In the text, Effie is always waiting for someone. She always keeps the faith that the one who she is waiting for would come to her. I think the author tried to show readers that theme through Effie. The author might want readers to achieve their hopes.

I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentation 3:24
In the text, Effie is waiting for someone like this verse.

The one whom Effie is waiting for might be God or Jesus. In the text, it calls the one who Effie is waiting for 'him.' In the Bible, we call God him. Don't you think they are similar? I think they are.

1. Effie calls someone whom she is waiting for 'him.'
As I said in the question 1, it might represent fro God.
2. Effie says that 'He' would find her.
It means 'He' or God can find one who believes in them anywhere.
3. Effie says if there is thunder, he would come.
I think it means God is powerful, because ,as you know, when you hear a word thunder, you would think something strong.

I think they can. Non-Christian authors can reveal truth about God's world. Though they are not Christian, they can describe God's world by using morals and themes. Those are about the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment