Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Clue 1

What is beauty?


--> The beauty I think is inner beauty. Most people see only appearance. Appearance is just how you look like. But inner beauty is like one's honesty, morality, or wisdom. They are the most important thing we need to live these days. Of course, appearance is important as well, but they affect you a little. Inner beauty affects most of yourself. Though you are handsome, or beautiful, if you are not moral, it is no good. morality which stands for the inner beauty is the most important factor of a person.



Find 2 Bible verses about God's view of beauty and add them to the written responses for the questions on the left.



--> 1 Samuel 16:7 - "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."



--> Matthew 23:28 - "In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous, but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness"

--> When we read, we feel the sympathy. So we can understand te situation and circumstance around the characters from the text. If I were in the character's situation, what would I do? Then we try to figure out our own resolution. We make background of the literature a real thing. So we connect ourselves with characters, and accept them naturally.

1. Reader response analysis is a kind of connecting oneself with a character form text. Like comparing yourself and the character. For example, when you read a book, you would feel the same with the character from a text. Then you respond to it. And you also analyze the character. These processes are Reader response. First step is just reading book carefully. As you read the book, you will find the character in the same situation with you. Then analyze the character. Finally, respond to the character. That is all you have to do for reader response analysis.



2.Reader Response can open our eyes to more truth as we read.



3. If you interact or connect with literature, you can enjoy the literature more. Just reading is boring. But connecting yourself to the literature makes it interesting to read literature. Predicting the ending is also one of the reader response i think. To compare your ending and the ending of the literature can also be enjoyavle. Finishing your reading, just write about what you read thinking about the character from the text. It will be very fine.



4. The book I read recently is "The Call of The Wild". It is about a dog which is a main character of the book. I read it when I came to TCIS. As I read the book, I made some connections with the main character. He had to get used to everything around him. I could not get used to new surroundins. I learned that I should get used to the everything. I tried to speak in English and get along with others. And the other thing I learned from the book is that we should be strong to survive. If you have a weak will, you would not be able to live in 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment