Saturday, September 26, 2009

clue 4

The character I admire is Bill Gates. He is chairman of the Micro Soft. Why I admire him is that he is one of the most successful business man in the world. To succeed he challenged in many fields. Along with the money he has made, he donates his money a lot. If I were him, I would not do that so. That point is what I admire him most.

The clues that setting can reveal about the theme of a short story are, I think, time and characters' action. Through such things, we can guess themes of stories. Characters' actions and dialogues are different in each setting. As you know, all stories do not take place in the same time. For example, some stories take place in modern time, but some do not. Also, the actions of the characters in the stories taking place in modern time are different from the actions of the characters in the stories not taking place in modern time. So each of the stories has different theme.

Authors drop clues about characters by showing readers characters' actions and conversation. Sometimes authors show readers the theme directly. By the authors' actions and conversation, we can guess the theme. How the actions and conversation lead readers to the theme of a story is that readers can guess what the actions and conversation imply.

The strongest setting I have ever encountered in my life is Japan. When I was young, I went to Japan with my family for sightseeing. While I was in Japan, I learned that there were many cultures in the world. I learned many things in Japan. That is why I choose Japan as the strongest setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment